Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ~~ Crazy Pancakes

If you're looking for a different sort of breakfast, this just might be it. This recipe evolved like most of mine do -- by accident and with a little good luck. :)

Crazy Pancakes

3 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
2 cups water
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup Craisins (or dried fruit of your choice)
1/2 cup nuts (I used sunflower seeds and sliced almonds)
6 strips cooked and crumbled turkey bacon

Whisk together the pancake mix and water until mostly lump-free. Add in other ingredients, stir well, and get to making these yummy flapcakes. I spread with Smart Balance butter and skip the syrup since they're already semi-sweet. (Makes 12 pancakes.) 





*Wouldn't these be cool for Thanksgiving since they contain turkey and cranberries?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done in the kitchen...recipe-wise? :D

9 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Don't know why my durn photos aren't showing up?! grr

Karen Harrington said...

Mmmm. That sounds good. I can't think of anything crazier than unintentionally setting crustini on fire. We decided it was blackened crustini, in the cajun way.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Cajun Crustini. Sounds good to me. hehe

Elaine W. Miller said...

So nice to meet you. Thanks for the comment on my blog! www.ElaineWMiller.blogspot.com.

These pancakes do look crazy. Crazy good! Seems like a pancake that would be a good breakfast for dinner.

Happy jalapena to you!

Elaine W. Miller
www.Splashesofserenity.com

Angie Ledbetter said...

Elaine - Nice to "meet" you too, and how'd you know? Did have 'em for supper. :)

Could you see the photo of the pancakes? My blog is being wanky & stingy, refusing to let me see the pics I post. grrrrr

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

I'm drooling just reading the ingredients! I'm going to make these this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

Vodka Mom said...

I just want something to kill this dang COLD!! Do you have anything for THAT, my love???



pass the tissues.

Karen said...

Those do sound pretty good. Oh my, where do I start with some of my craziness? Oh....never mind. :P

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hope it turns out yummers, Andrea!

Vodka Mom -- you've got email. (Killer Sicilian roasted garlic soup, Airborne, and call me in the morning.) :D

LOL, Karen. Hear ya (and the crazy voices in my head). *wink*

Labels (Posts, not Peoples)

Powered By Blogger