Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Foibles ~~ Just Can't Fix Stoopid

Check out the fun haiku and Mardi Gras contests below. Cool prizes involved!!! Now, back to our regularly scheduled Friday fun...






I was driving when I saw the flash of a traffic camera. I figured that my picture had been taken for exceeding the limit even though I knew that I was not speeding. Just to be sure, I went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.


Now I began to think this was quite funny, so I drove even slower as I passed the area once more, but the traffic camera again flashed.


I tried a fourth and fifth time with the same results and was now laughing as the camera flashed while I rolled past at a snail's pace.


Two weeks later, I got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seatbelt.
@@@

Photo image from BatonRougeToday.com

No, this wasn't really me, but it coulda been! Have you had any experience with a traffic camera, or some other driving related mishap?

Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!!





19 comments:

Charlie Rice said...

Funny Angie, I was reading this wondering how stupid a person would have to be to circle back for another ticket over and over. Then I realized it was a joke. Ya got me! :)

In NYC, you can always tell where the camera lights are; they're at the intersections with the unusually short yellow lights. I've only received one.

Karen Harrington said...

Too funny!

Diane said...

Did not see that one coming. Our city is too small for such extravagances I think. :O)

Angie Ledbetter said...

LOL Charlie. Glad I gotcha! (Here, the lights take many forms...some look-alikes actually being sensors and light synchronizers.) arghhh! But even so, I'd still rather drive here than in NOO YAWK CITY! :)

Karen - Love you profile pic!

Diane - Be glad! Like Pavlov's dog, I am so well trained now, I screech on the brakes whenever it appears that a light MIGHT turn yellow. :)

Hilary said...

Too funny. Thanks for the morning laugh.

Amanda Bonilla said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Liza said...

Love your Friday funnies.

Lynnette Labelle said...

LMAO Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Lynnette Labelle
www.lynnettelabelle.com

Kathryn Magendie said...

LAUGHING!

Okay, when I visited Baton Rouge one time, I told GMR (PP2) to rush thru the yellow light because I was frustrated with the traffic, but then he decided not to...and good thing, because I looked up and said - "Hey good thing you didn't listen to me, they have traffic cameras here now!"

He said, "What?" ANd I opened the window and pointed up at the camera...

Then as we drove away when it turned green, this car load of college kids were cheering me on, laughing and clapping and cheering to beat the band....

All I could think was they thought instead of me pointing, this ole hillbilly from WNC was giving the camera the Finger! LAUGHING!

Karen said...

Funnnny! Love it. (Check out David's blog, he has two more spices and was approved for "Virginia's Finest" in foods! Thank you for your sweet support.)

Suldog said...

That's pretty damn funny, m'dear. Love twist(ed) endings!

Angie Ledbetter said...

@Hilary & @Amanda - You're welcome!

@Liza - So glad you're enjoying a giggle now and then. :)

@Lynnette - I'm smiling big.

@Kat - You made me LOL. I could picture it all so perfectly. :D

@Karen - Will DO! So happy his spices are "gettin' around" the food scene. They're delish!

*clap clap* Suldawg. hehe

Melissa Amateis said...

LOL! Loved this, Ang! Have a terrific weekend. :-)

Stacy Post said...

Angie, that is hilarious! Thanks for the chuckles!

Robyn Campbell said...

Ahahahahahahaha I love getting the giggles over at your place. :)

Anonymous said...

That. Is. Hilarious! But only if you weren't the person getting 5 tickets!! Yikes.

Deb Shucka said...

So funny!

Michelle H. said...

This was a good laugh! Sorry I've been absent lately. Big Hugs!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Melissa, Stacy, Robyn, Liz, Deb & Michelle -- glad y'all enjoyed a spot of humor. Hugs and happy V-Day.

Labels (Posts, not Peoples)

Powered By Blogger