I glommed on a Mayberry RFD marathon recently, and it reminded me why I have always loved Andy Griffith.
- He was easy on the eyes.
- Andy ("Ang" to friend Barney Fife) was a stand up guy. He meant what he said and said what he meant.
- Totally dependable. And cool-headed.
- That opening theme song with the whistling!
- He dearly loved his momma, Aunt Bea.
- Andy wasn't flashy, but he always looked suave.
- What's not to like about a man in uniform?
- His consummate parenting abilities.
- Andy was kind to everyone -- Otis the town drunk, that annoying Howard Spraig, Floyd the barber, durned ol' Goober, crazy Ernest T. Bass and his tree-dwelling clan, and especially his unlikely sidekick, the bumbling Deputy Barney Fife.
- Mr. Griffith knew how to treat a lady.
- He had an unconventional family arrangement and made it work.
- No matter how trying Barney was, Andy was always patient and a true friend.
- Andy was humble and selfless.
- Great gene pool. I mean, look at Opie!
Can ya add to the list? Got an old tv star you admire?