Good morning, ladies and germs. Today's contest uses two of my favorite elements -- photography and writing -- and you don't have to be a writer or photographer to play along!
As usual, the rules are simple:
- Choose a photograph from my getaway last weekend and write a corresponding caption or story opener. (Please include the photo number you're targeting.)
- Leave your entry in a comment.
- I and an unbiased third party [most likely King Rufus my DH (Deer Hunter) or one of our teenagers] will select a winner based on originality and "wow" factor, which by its very nature is unexplainable.
- No more than 20 words, please.
- Contest runs today through Friday, June 12th. The winner will be announced sometime next week when my company clears out and my head gets screwed back on straight. :()
- Winner will receive a "Writer's Package" consisting of some tools of the trade. Now y'all know that means some coffee too, plus other goodies. (Be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog or leave an email address if you don't have a blog.)
- Pass the word around and let's get started.
Since I'm feeling creative, I'm going to try to compile parts of pieces of your entries to form a "found poem" afterwards. You'll be welcome to do the same.