Friday, June 19, 2009

Computer Comedy




Something for your Friday Funny bone courtesy of my friend Betty from GodBlessTexas; a little thing we used to refer to as O.E. (Operator Error) with a twist~~~

I was having trouble with my computer, so I called Jaden, the nine-year-old from next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.

Jaden clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him, "Hey, what was wrong?"

"Just an 'ID ten T error," the lad replied.

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, 'ID Ten T error'? What the heck is that, just in case I need to fix it again."

Jaden grinned. "You've never heard of an 'ID ten T error' before?"

"No."

"Write it down," he instructed, "and I think you'll figure it out."

So I scratched up pen and paper and wrote down: I D 1 0 T.
And to think I used to like that little **beep**!

14 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, that's hysterical! I had to look at it a while - that doesn't bode well for me, does it? :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

LOL, Lori, no it doesn't. :)

Jody Hedlund said...

Too cute! Love it!

Stacy Post said...

Children keep us humble, don't they? Thanks for sharing, Angie!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Where did you get the pic of me at my computer! LOL! Still giggling! If it wasn't for my son or husband helping with the tech stuff I'd be writing with pen and paper because my computer would have been subjected to the rear tires of my car! LOL!

Hilary said...

Thanks for my morning laugh. :)

Marguerite said...

Isn't it amazing how savy the young kids are? lol Drop by when you can, Angie, I have an award waiting for you.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Jody, I can identify too. :)

They sure do, Stacy...every moment of the day sometimes.

Donna, that'd really be putting your "hard drive" to good use. hehe

You're welcome, Hilary.

Thanks, Marguerite, and yeah, they are born with techy knowledge! Will do.

Anonymous said...

Please don't pick on the technology-sense-deprived among us(me). We are trying to fit in but sometimes being a stick in the mud just fits.
Oren

Terri Tiffany said...

LOL thank heavens for little boys:)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Oren, thank goodness we have youngsters to help us and point out our ID10T errors. LOL

Amen, Terri! :)

Suldog said...

LOL! Been there...

Melissa Amateis said...

Hahaha - too funny!

Debbie said...

If I didn't think that could so easily happen to me, I would laugh.

Labels (Posts, not Peoples)

Powered By Blogger