I'll leave you with these thoughts, as I once and for the last time publicly count blessings brought about by a year of focusing on being grateful:
- Above all, I've realized life is all about how you choose to see things.
Rain will inevitably spoil the parade now and then, but grateful, joyful thinking makes one heck of an umbrella.
- Gratitude is contagious.
- Gratefulness is not only a state of mind, but a way of living.
- When things are at their worst, a dose of gratitude can change things around, or at least assure you that tomorrow is definitely a new day.
- Gratitude begets more gratitude.
- Focusing on the goodness of life increases joy and health.
- Thankfulness can bring people who have nothing (or very little) in common together.
- It is just as easy to be glad as sad.
- Perspective is an awesome and powerful thing.
I will always remember 2008 as the Year of My Gratitude. Thank you, Barb, Kathryn, Patresa and Nannette, for sharing your company and thoughts with me.May all we've learned by concentrating on gratitude never be far from our hearts and minds.