Wednesday, December 10, 2008

With a Little Help from My Friends


Wow, boys and girls, it's been an exciting couple of days for me! I got the two nifty-fied blog awards from friends Barbara and author Kimmi, and now the unveiling of the video made especially for me by Colby! If you haven't seen it yet, you must. Colby did an excellent job and she just may have a future in film. Really, is there anything better than having great friends...especially ones who make you laugh and share their goodies with ya? And don't forget, get your Christmas tree pictures in for the contest by midnight tonight! I know you want that lovely ornament that's going to the winner.

Of the second type, Small Footprints, that super green lady who dispenses advice on how we can help keep the earth healthy, sent me writerly info. to share with y'all. Thanks, Small! ~~
My name is Bob Griffin. I have just started a small publishing company that will be publishing fantasy, science fiction and horror stories. Listed below is my company's first press release. If anybody in your organization is interested in submitting their works of fiction please visit us at www.absentwillowreview.com.
Thank you for your time,
Bob Griffin Rochester, NH

PRESS RELEASE OCTOBER 31, 2008 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: New Hampshire Authors Launch Publishing Company. Rochester, NH - New Hampshire authors Rick DeCost and Bob Griffin are proud to announce the launch of their publishing company and its online presence. Absent Willow Publishing LLC is an independent book publisher that will provide its readers with high quality stories of horror, fantasy and science fiction. Its online efforts include The Absent Willow Review. The Absent Willow Review plans to publish fictional stories in the horror, fantasy, and science fiction genre while allowing its readers access to the magazine anywhere in the world. Additionally, the Absent Willow Review will publish paperback anthologies from their collected works. "We're huge fans of the genres we publish," remarked Griffin. "We started this company to find greats works of fiction and to locate the next generation of great writers." With its online magazine spotlighting new works and its print publications soon to be available through Amazon.com and other retailers, the Company is planning to renew interest in short works of fiction. "For new and established authors of short fiction in the horror or fantasy vein, the market is light," DeCost added. "We are hoping to change that." Absent Willow Publishing LLC is located in Rochester, NH USA MEDIA CONTACT: Rick Decost & Bob Griffin Absent Willow Publishing LLC PO Box 66Rochester, NH 03866

And there's also good friend and author of 5 awesome suspense novels, Deborah LeBlanc, who said I could share her newest contest details with ya. I've read all her books, and loved them. The newest, Water Witch, is ever-suspenseful and is set in the bayous of Louisiana. Here's da scoop:
The window of opportunity to win a free trip to New Orleans, La. is closing fast! To celebrate the launching of my new website, we're running a contest for not one, but TWO free weekend getaways to New Orleans, Louisiana at the luxurious Hotel Monteleone! http://hotelmonteleone-px.trvlclick.com/

Each getaway includes airfare for TWO, hotel accommodations for TWO, and a $100 gift certificate for dinner for TWO at the infamous Brennan's Restaurant, http://http//www.brennansneworleans.com/
The getaway dates are January 9-11, 2009 and May 22-24, 2009, and here's how the contest works: To register for the January 9-11, 2009 getaway, go to the books' page on my new website-- http://www.deborahleblanc.com/leblanc-books.htm ---and click on the cover of WATER WITCH. This will lead you directly to that book's individual page. Once there, scroll down a little and look on the bottom left of the page. There you will see order links to Indiebound, Amazon.com, Borders.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and Books-A-Million.com. Click on the link of your preference, order a copy of WATER WITCH (New, not a used copy), then send a confirmation of your order to contest@deborahleblanc.com. For every copy of WATER WITCH you order, your name goes into a drawing for the January 9-11, 2009 getaway! Order two copies, one for you, another for a friend, and your name goes into the drawing twice. Order five copies of WATER WITCH (would make a great Christmas stocking stuffer!), and your name is entered into the contest FIVE times! The only caveat we have to add is that as soon as the online bookseller notifies you that your order has been shipped that you forward the shipping confirmation notice to contest@deborahleblanc.com. (I know sending two notices is a pain in the rear, but, unfortunately, there are some folks who'll order ten copies so their name goes into the drawing ten times, then they'll cancel the order once their name is added to the contest list.)
The getaway on May 22-24, 2009 works basically the same way, but we wanted to give you an additional ordering option. Let's say you've already ordered copies of WATER WITCH to use as Christmas gifts, but still want a shot at a trip to New Orleans. Well, here's your shot! Just go to the books' page on --http://www.deborahleblanc.com/leblanc-books.htm -- then click on any other book title, like GRAVE INTENT, A HOUSE DIVIDED, MORBID CURIOSITY, and FAMILY INHERITANCE. Send your order and shipping confirmation notice (For new books, not used copies) to contest@deborahleblanc.com, and you're in! The same also applies to the number of entries. The more copies of the other book titles you order, the more times your name goes into the drawing for the May getaway to New Orleans! The winners will be announced and notified on December 23, 2008.

Whatcha doing hanging around here? Go write something! :)

19 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Wow, thanks for all the info! And I agree Colby did an excellent job. Hope everyone checks it out!

Jenni James said...

HAHAHHAHA! I've just DIED laughing! That was awesome! Thanks for sending me over there! I LOVED It! And thanks for the updates too!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Welcome, Janna. (Did you find your turducken yet?)

giddy, glad you got to see the video and my "love" of those furry critters. :)

Terri Tiffany said...

So I take it you hate cats???? What's wrong with you girl??

Angie Ledbetter said...

LOL, Terri. I guess I'm just a dog person. Cats are soooooo...not anything like dogs. :)

Anonymous said...

The cat video was very cute. I like both cats and dogs equally but most people prefer one over the other.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Dog Person! :-0)

colbymarshall said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your vid...I was actually planning to go to a cat show they had in Macon a couple weeks ago for "notifications", but it didn't pan out. I had a lot of fun doing this one, though!

Michelle H. said...

I saw the video. Incredible! I love all animals, so I won't play favorites. I felt a little sorry for the cats in the store that needed a loving home with someone who loves her gumbo and wouldn't mind sharing. *trying to pull at Angie's heartstrings*

"Go write something?" Yes, Ma'am. I'll write right away (as if I need the encouragement.)

Suldog said...

Can't wait to see all of the Christmas pictures!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Dat's da truff, JyLnC.

Arf, Kat!! :)

Colby, you are a hoot. I really appreciate all the work. Made my day. Thanks!

mlh, can you imagine cat hair in your gumbo? *shudder*

Up tomorrow, Suldog!

Melissa Amateis said...

You're on a roll, Angie!

Jessica Nelson said...

Haha! I just finished revising ch. 2. What I really need to go do is fold laundry. *groan*
Wow, what a list you have here! I'm kind of wishing I wrote sf/f. LOL

Angie Ledbetter said...

Ooo, Melissa, I hope it's a big fat cinnamon one! :)

Jessica, great progess...and with a munchkin to run after too!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Love that cartoon about the friends living in the computer - so true!

Anonymous said...

This one was all over the map. The video is one Cathie would love. I guess I am a cat guy by osmosis. The writing stuff is very interesting looking from the outside in. I will have to send you the year ending talk I wrote for our kids. Was a blast doing it. Amazing what you can remember about the kids with the pen in hand.
Oren

Angie Ledbetter said...

Shore is, Carrie! :)

Oren, I'll be waiting for a copy of that talk you gave. Bet it'll give us goosebumps. See ya at the potluck tonight.

Linda Hoye said...

Colby ROCKS! That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long while!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Linda, I think she did a great job too. Made me smile real big. :)

Labels (Posts, not Peoples)

Powered By Blogger