Props go out to friend Oren for forwarding me this email so I could share it with you. Instead of "kartoons," we shall all enjoy politically incorrect Redneck thoughts today. I am proud to claim this label, along with "Cajun," "Coon-a$$," or any other moniker associated with being a red-blooded, hard-working and playing, patriotic American in the deep deep south, or from any geographical area. So, here ya go:
We have enjoyed all the redneck jokes for years (as well as Jeff Foxworthy's sketches of the seedier stereotypical side of life). It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God.
If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Y'all know who ya are!
You might be a redneck if...
- It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."
- You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
- You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."
- You bow your head when someone prays and you stand and place your hand over your heart when you hear the National Anthem.
- You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have.
- You've never burned an American flag, nor intend to.
- You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
- You respect your elders and raise(d) your kids to do the same.
- You'd give your last dollar to a friend.
...now, keep the fires burning, redneck friends.