Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tasty Tuesday ~~ Mahvelous Macaroons

Poor Kat & husband GMR. With the view, the weather, the sights, critters, great company, relaxation and master chef meals, I can't get my husband to head back to the swamps of Louisiana! We are a friend's worst nightmare ------ the company that would.not.leave. LOL

Today's grand culinary offering is a wonderful dessert we had the other night. Mmmm, and yes, it was as yummy as the photo looks.

Chocolate Almond Macaroons

3/4 cup sweet condensed milk
14-oz. pkg. sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/8 tsp. salt
24 whole unblanched almonds
1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels

Stir first four ingredients together. Drop dough by lightly greased tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press an almond into the top of each cookie. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

Microwave 1/2 cup. chocolate morsels on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds, or until smooth and melted. Stir every thirty seconds of time. Spoon into a zippered freezer bag; cut a very small hole in corner of bag. Pipe chocolate over cooled cookies. (Makes about 2 dozen.)



9 comments:

Diane said...

I'm sure they love your company so much and don't want you all to leave. Enjoy every minute! :O)

Anita said...

It's good sometimes to get away and enjoy yourselves. And I'm sure Kat is glad to have you there. Those macaroons sound so good...to bad I had to start my diet this week! LOL :(

Tere Kirkland said...

Macaroons are my absolute FAVORITE!

We go to the Vietnamese bakery to get them. I haven't turned on my oven in a month, it's too hot!

Karen said...

Where's my milk? I wouldn't want to leave either... :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Wish I could send y'all some of the macaroons and cool mountain breezes! :)

Vodka Mom said...

I just gained three pounds.


damn you

Anonymous said...

macaroons, mountain breezes, and kat's company--who the hell would want to leave all that? (oh, and the "gin" and tonics w/wimps of twime. LOL have a blast!!
ps: ya missed 101 temp. yesterday (heat index was at hades-20.) stay till they throw ya out!
;0))

Moon Willow said...

AAWWW-How sweet of you to post the recipe! Thanks! will definately be trying this one. Very,very HOT IN BR-temps. and heat index-triple digits!!!enjoy your mountain retreat.:) PEACE

Marguerite said...

Love me some macaroons, sha! And the almonds and chocolate are lagniappe! Looks like you're settling in, over at Kat's place! Don't blame you a bit! Have fun and stay as long as you can!

Labels (Posts, not Peoples)

Powered By Blogger