Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Than You EVER Wanted to Know About Me




Mandy over at Mandy's Life After 30 tagged me a while ago for this game, so I'm finally playing along. (I'm not tagging anyone else...being the bad rule breaker that I am, but if you wanna do it at your blog, feel free!)

Meme Rules: Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention. Then tag a few people to answer the questions.

1) What’s your current obsession? Bad reality TV, reading, great food, learning more about my camera, writing....I better stop here.

2) What’s your weirdest obsession? My family would probably say it's how much I love picking zits. (Don't hate me.)

3) What are you wearing today? As usual, scrubs.


4) Why is today special? Because I ate lunch with a good friend AND I got a nap.

5) What would you like to learn to do? Take better photos.


6) What’s the last thing you bought? Lunch for a friend yesterday and dry cleaning I had to pick up.


7) What are you listening to right now? One son coming in the house, the dog begging for attention, and the sound of my fingers tapping on the keyboard.

8) What’s your favorite weather? Cool with no humidity -- rare things in Louisiana.



9) What’s your most challenging goal right now? Balancing life as a wife & mother of three (17, 18, 20) and taking care of my mom while trying to revise my ms and work on other writing projects.


10) What do you think about the person who tagged you? Great gal!


11) What's your favorite guilty pleasure? Eating food that's not good for me and catching a nap. In that order. One after the other.


12) Favorite vacation spot? Love the beach, but anywhere that's quiet and I can be in nature.

13) What would you like to have in your hands right now? A finished and lovely manuscript!


14) What would you like to get rid of? Clutter & negative/selfish people. 


15) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? To a deserted island with a good book. 


16) Which language do you want to learn? Agentese. :D



17) What super power would you like to possess? I'd like to be able to shoot rainbows out of my fingertips. LOL

18) What’s your favorite thing about the city you live in? Baton Rouge is an awesome conglomeration of cultures. A beautiful melting pot of flavors, peoples, foods, you name it.

19) What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? A vintage dress and coat with fake fur collar. And my thrift store pointy yellow cowboy boots!

20) What’s your dream job? Slush pile reader. And co-owner of a literary journal. Oh, wait....I have the second one! :)


21) What is the last thing that happened that made you laugh really hard? Some obnoxious gross thing my husband did last night.


22) Do you admire anyone’s style? My twin sister has great style and panache. I have none.


23) Describe your personal style. Slouchy, comfortable, blah.

24) Who’s fashion show would you want tickets to? I love some of the work on this season's Project Runway. (See guilty pleasure list above.)  


25) What talent would you like to have? Keeping mouth closed more often.


26) What are you most proud of? My kidlets, of course!


27) If you could choose one person to have lunch with who would it be and why? A famous Noo Yawk literary agent who's read my manuscript and could rake me over the coals tell me exactly what to do with/to my women's fiction manuscript.
 
Now, if you read through all that drivel, THANKS! How about answering #4 (Why is today special?) in comments and/or tell me what you think about memes?
 

32 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Love it Angie. :-) You sound like such a fun person!

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

And do you have an official zit-picking tool?

I do.

Well. . . actually it belongs to my daughters.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

I agree with Jessica...you are such a fun person! You always bring a smile and giggle to my day!

As for #4...I'm getting my hair done today and it always cheers me up.

Regina said...

Oh, hee hee- this was fun to read, Angie!
And why is today special? Probably because my husband passed his school finals yesterday and has 10 days off till the next quarter! Yay!!
:)

Analisa said...

This is great nice to know those fun facts about you.
#4 Today is special to me because I am one day closer to my dreams,one day beyond my past.
To end on a really corny but true note,
"Because today is the first day of the rest of my life"
I think I first heard that in the 70s and I have learned to appreciate that.

Janna Leadbetter said...

This is great, Angie! I like the quick peep into those other parts of you.

And I think memes are generally pretty fun. So far, nothing special about today, though. I'll get back to you. ;)

Karen Harrington said...

I wish you could shoot rainbows from your fingers, too!! :)

Deb Shucka said...

So much fun to learn more about you. I share the zit thing, so you're not alone. :-)

Today is special because Carrie and I are taking a class together and it starts this morning. Wish you could be here with us.

Diane said...

I'm a zit picker too. I'll need concealor at my funeral. :O)

Mandy said...

Angie, great answers! Thanks for playing along. You're the best. I would say today is special because (1) you answered the meme I sent and (2) it's my husband Kirk and his twin sister's birthday today.

Agentese - I laughed out loud at the one! You have a great sense of humor. But I guess it just comes with the Louisiana bloodline, am I right? ;-)

Michelle H. said...

I loved your super power question. Shooting rainbows from fingertips... quite original!

As for #4, today is special because I hope to have my synopsis done and to tweak the first chapters of my ms so I can get this sent out to the waiting agent who requested material.

Unknown said...

number 15: Can I come?

Number 4: Because nothing exploded overnight. ;)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

These are great, Angie. I share #13's wish with you!!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks Jessica. My kids would tell you Mom's crazy. :P

AMoS - actually I do, but there's another one I covet. (Do you pick self and/or others?) LOL

Donna - I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting my roots dyed today!

That's FAB news, Red Bird. Yay!

Analisa - It may be corny, but I like that saying myself. :)

So glad I didn't scare you with that peek inside, Janna. LOL. (Sending you wishes for a special moment today.)

Scobberlotcher - Thanks! Wouldn't it be fun to shoot out prisms of color? Especially on dark dreary days!

Deb - Zit Pickers unite? (Did I mention I really love picking others' zits?!) And on the yoga, please hug each other and think of me in the middle. A bloggy friend sammich. :D

LOL Diane. Picking others' zits offers same rewards and no need for concealor.

Thanks again for the tag, Mandy. Yeah, I think I'm whackadoodle b/c of my heritage...all them good Cajun, Sicilian, Scotch Irish, Indian, etc. strands of DNA all tangled up together. heheeeeeeee

Michelle - Perhaps I shall become the artist Rainbow Brite, formerly known as Gumbo Writer?

Best o' luck with the revisions!!!

You're most welcome on the deserted island, Suzanne. We'll impose quiet time from 3:00 til the sun goes down so we can at least say we didn't yap the whole time. :D Hear ya on the non-explosion!

Thanks Eileen. Let's hope/pray for each other, k?

Marguerite said...

Great job, Angie! You are so "canaille" (kah-nigh), sha.

Debbie said...

I love learning more about you. And yes, I think you are out of luck with your choice of weather:)

Suldog said...

Okay, I know my post today wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea, but picking zits? Yuck.

As for why today is special, it is the same reason every day is special. I am alive and every day that I am alive means that my past is filled with more good memories than it was yesterday.

Yes, I'm that annoying "glass-half-full" person you're always hearing about.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I'm gonnna do this on my blog - I think *laugh*

why is today special? I just had a nap. ha.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I would love to be able to shoot rainbows out of my fingertips, too!! LOL!! Love your answers!!

JKS said...

Why is today special? My boyfriend sang "You are my Sunshine" to me from 5000 miles away!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Margerite, I'll take that as a compliment, even though it was one of my hubby's nicknames growing up. :D

Can't imagine why, Debbie, but thanks.

Suldawg - I know you're not saying anything about my posts since you've written widely on boogers and other nasties! LOL. But I AM glad you're an optimist. World needs more of those!

You got a nap, Kat? I can't believe it. Yay!

Thanks Cheffie. It's either the rainbow fingers or magic wand/wooden spoon. hehe

Joey - what AWESOME news!

Terri Tiffany said...

Ok I'm hurt. You didn't pick me to do lunch with. :))

Anonymous said...

17) What super power would you like to possess? I'd like to be able to shoot rainbows out of my fingertips. LOL

Hilarious! You are no greedy seeker of power :)!

Amie said...

Why is today special? 4:30 happy hour with a client!!!!!

What do I think of meme's? I love reading other people's, but I hate responding to them myself.

Amie said...

OMG did I really just do that? MEMES, not meme's . . .

Nannette said...

Today is special because I learned all about Angie L.

Angie Ledbetter said...

LOL Terri. Love ya!

TTWC - Think how popular I'd be in bad weather, and at birthday parties, outdoor events, the greeting card industry, political events..... :D

Amie - Hope your happy hour was great, and I laughed with you on the typo.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Nannette, Boo, you had a dull day. LOL

Anonymous said...

Special day because I got to watch the kids race. They are just about finished learning to run, now they learn to race. You know where I am coming from. I am in the same boat with Suldog. Being up beats being down. Easier to do too.
Oren

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I think memes have their place, but for me, blogging is time consuming enough already, I just don't have time.

My daughter is obsessed with zits too!

Sandra Leigh said...

Angie, when you get your superpower, do give me a call. I'd love to see that. Actually, I'd love to do that!

Why is today special? Because I had the day off, and I was able to visit lots of bloggy friends. I've had a great day.

Dorothy said...

This day is special to me because: We got a tiny new kitten today. Named him Rosy. My other 5 year old cat is getting used to having anything in apartment besides big humans and spiders. I think she's all hissy-fitted out.

I like memes. I'm not always able to respond to them right away and I have very few people I can tag that didn't have the meme before I got it.

Labels (Posts, not Peoples)

Powered By Blogger